I know, I know....I'm simply horrible at keeping everyone informed as to what's going on in our little world. I'd like to say that I'm just going through a phase and will get much better at keeping the blog current..........but I would be lying. And I'm a terrible liar. =)
Two weekends ago, we headed up to our new home away from home, for the Maiden Voyage! Overall, we had a wonderful time...but there were challanges along the way....
Because Rick and Will work for the same company and have a good amount of flexibility, they left early Friday afternoon. They wanted get up there and make sure everything was in working order before the ladies (specifically Bella) arrived. They made it up there in the standard timeframe...and got everything situated for us gals. Because I don't have AS flexible of a job, the gals were forced to leave after work...around 5pm. Our commute up was much different....ok...it wasn't just different, it was a complete nightmare. The standard trip to the lake will generally take 2.5 hours...maybe 3........It took us almost 6 hours. There was, of course, the standard weekend-rush hour traffc...mixed with multiple accidents that shut multiple lanes on multiple higways. Oh and then there were the hoards of protestors lining the various overpasses on 580. (If Jen hadn't been in the car with me...I would have turned around...as traffic and I have never gotten along.) We obviously made it to the lake....eventually. Another challange was the noise-factor. BUT due to Rick's spur of the moment brilliance, he jimmy-rigged an air-matress under the boat to significantly cut down on the lapping water sounds coming from under the boat. (Thanks Babe!) We will continue to work on a more permanent fix.
The weather, although lovely for this time of year, was still "March-y." It was sunny and warmish...but it is definitely not summer up at the lake yet. The water is still frigid! So cold in fact that Jen and I could not be talked in to riding at all. We'll gladly wait for the warmer water. Bella did really well! Nothing seemed to rattle her too much....which hopefully is a sign of things to come. She LOVED being on the ski boat. She would watch Rick and Will wakeboard behind the boat and follow them back and forth across the wake...just staring very seriously. It was darling. We also had great food and a lot of laughs. We actually BBQ'd sugar cookies! I know...that's a little "back-woods" but we couldn't get our pilot light lit...and darn it...we wanted those cookies...so we put them on a cookie sheet and "baked" them in the BBQ. HA! It worked...but it definitely wasn't AS good.
We've officially declared this summer to be the "BSE!" (Best Summer Ever) We all sat around and talked about our past-favorite summers. And for all 4 of us...our last BSE was at least 5-10 years ago. And we thought...this just will not do! We need to create new memories so that 10 years from now, we will all look back again and say "Remember the summer of 2010? MAN that was the Best Summer EVER!" We left feeling more than excited to return again and again.....and again.
Here I am posing as our boat's hood ornament...
And here's Jen....being a goober. =)
Bella is REALLY into Hide and Seek right now...she STRAINS to see where you've gone when you duck out of sight...it is just........so cute.
That looks super fun! I am glad your overall trip was good, despite the rough start.
ReplyDelete