She's started speaking in sentences. And sometimes they are actually complete sentences!! (But more often than not, they are still somewhat broken.) One of my faves that we hear every time we are outside of our house: "Mom! Airplane! Up in the sky! I heard it!" And sure enough...there is an airplane...up in the sky...and we've all heard it. HA! My other favorite: "Mom....patience." This started when she would get IMPATIENT if I wasn't turning the pages in her books fast enough. So I would put my hand on her ancy little hand and say "Patience Bella." Somehow she now has figured out to remind me of my on words when we are in the car in traffic, or in line at the grocery store, It makes me laugh every time.
EVEN MORE EXCITING than sentences...she sings songs! Her faves include Jesus Loves Me, The ABC's, God is so Good, Row Row Row Your Boat, and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I have been trying to collect videos of this precious event since it's a daily occurrence, but alas, she knows EXACTLY when I turn the record button on and the video ends up being Bella saying "No songs...No videos!" I have a few, but they were filmed in secret so you can't really hear her. Blast! What else? She knows all of the colors, can get through most of the ABC's, and counts to 20. She is getting more proficient at using her utensils. (Which has been hard for me due to the unbelievable mess letting her feed herself causes.) And this week she mastered the art of climbing up a slide.
BUT with the good, inevitably comes the bad. And we have officially taken a head first dive into the throws of toddler hood. It seems that within the past 2 weeks Bella has gone from rarely making a scene when not given her way to rarely NOT making a scene. How on earth did things change practically overnight? And where did our sweet little baby go?! No, she's still every bit as sweet. But she's become very spicy in the past 2-3 weeks. (To use a word my friend Janelle uses to describe her little girl!) I am NOT a fan. Mostly because I don't know how to best manage these new emotions/outbursts. I've dreaded the terrible twos for about 20 months now. So...to my knees I drop, once asking (ok begging) God for help, wisdom, and guidance through this new stage. I know we cannot do it alone. But with the help of the Lord and our wonderful family and friends, we will all survive. =)
I plan to post some more recent videos soon....but for now, I'll leave you with some ADORABLE pictures Jenny took of Bella yesterday. (You'll look at these pictures and think "She couldn't possibly be as willful as Ashley says she is...just look at that sweet face....but then you'll remember who her parents are and it will all make sense. LOL!)
She is absolutely adorable! So much fun, and such a little smarty! Definitely an advanced little girl!! And the spunky part ... well, just remind yourself of how that will serve her later in life ... no one will walk over your girl! ;)
ReplyDeleteYes, I agree with Allison. Many people just had to remind me that with all that spunk and spice will come things that are so worth it! (I could have rhymed there but opted out...in case you were wondering ;)) I often said, I know that I can do this but I don't know HOW. God showed us (and is continuing to) and I am sure that he will show you. You are wonderful parents!!
ReplyDelete