In the spirit of December, I thought I'd post some pictures from October. Naturally. This is our first year with Bella where we felt she would appreciate going to a pumpkin patch and getting to go trick or treating. And holy smokes were we right! She thoroughly enjoyed both. There are now 4 things she tells people are the highlights of her life. They are: The Boardwalk, The Happy Hollow Zoo, The Fair and now, The Pumpkin Patch. And I believe "Christmas lights" will be added to this list shortly.
First the pumpkin patch: We had heard wonderful things about this certain pumpkin patch in Morgan Hill called Uesugi Farms, so we wanted to check it out. And what a place! It's HUGE and darling. (And VERY busy.) Bella's Great-Grandma Nan (Edna's mom) was here visiting CA at the time so we got to go with both Edna's. =) Thanks to Nan, Bella got to ride the merry go round and a pony! She loved both treats. And I even got a treat of my own! Fresh BBQ corn on the cob that was the best I've ever had. It was such a fun day and I can't wait to go back next year.
And onto....Halloween!! Last year we attempted to trick or treat with Bella dressed up as the cutest little lion you'd ever see.....but it did not go over well. She was in tears by the 3rd house. But this year she was showing interest in getting dressed up and that made me excited. Halloween costumes are expensive!! And I was not about to spend $30 on an outfit she'd wear for a few hours at best. So I borrowed some dress-up clothes from our favorite clothes source, Kyleigh Mace. And all of a sudden we had a little Tinkerbell. Or as our daughter calls her "Tinkerbella."Go figure. Anywho the first few pictures below were taken by my dear friend Allison. She captured some really great shots of our little Tinkerbella.
After a fun day with Avery, it was time to head home and get ready for trick or treating!! We had planned to spend the evening with our friends The Robertson's. (Colin, Kira and Kaylie) We met the Robertson's back in the spring of this year. They live only a few blocks away and we meet up for park and dinner dates often. Kaylie and Bella are only a few months apart and get along well. So it works well for all of us. Colin is from Scotland and only arrived here in June. We have enjoyed getting to know them over the past 8 months. Anyways, on Halloween we had them over for dinner and Colin was kind enough to make us a wonderful Scottish treat, "Steak and Ale Pie." It was delish!! And then it was time for the main event....Trick or Treating. The girls LOVED IT. Weekly, Bella still asks to trick or treat. And so, we get out her bucket and let her knock on our door and say trick or treat...and then we put the leftover Halloween candy in her bucket. It's pretty cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment