Yesterday, 8/15/09, Rick and I had the privilege of standing next to our dear friends Will and Jenny at their wedding. Things started off a little rough. Apparently many people got a touch of food poisoning at the rehearsal dinner the night before. And I was one of the lucky ones. So I did not sleep the night before the big day. SO-naturally, the next morning I was dragging. Thankfully, my mom came over to help me with Bella as we scurried all over SJ to various appointments I had. I made it to the location just in time. It was stinking HOT outside...but luckily, our friend Paul Slayton, (the minister who officiated the wedding) is a smart guy and kept things short. And thank goodness...cause-if we ladies were sweating in our sleeveless dresses, the men were downright melting. Jenny was, hands down, the most beautiful bride I've seen yet. And Rick and I had to agree that it was probably the funnest wedding either of us has ever been to. We got to hang out with good friends that we haven't seen in awhile AND it was our first night sans Bella. Yes, I did get a little sad as my mom took her back to our house. I kept texting mom to see how she was doing. She apparently was a pretty good sport...as was my mom-who graciously stayed up late waiting until the party animals came home. (Sorry again Mom) Anywho-all in all, it was a fantastic day.
Lining up...
Anxiously waiting her turn...
Sweltering, but beautiful.
HOT DOG-it's official!
Bella wore an adorable white dress-although we couldn't get a great picture of it.
Beautiful Bride
My hot husband and beautiful baby. =)
Christmas card perhaps?
Kinda wishing Bella had more control over her extremities...this would have been a great shot.
Couple'a Cuties
Milk Drunk
The standard: "I'm so cute, even when I'm sleeping," shot.
Our friends the Vincents flew out for the wedding. They were part of our home group before moving to Coeur D'Alene, ID. We had an absolute BALL with them...which reminded me of how much we miss them living in CA. =(
Alisa, Krissy and I. GOOD TIMES. Lots of laughs last night...

Another thing about the Seifert-Faulconer wedding...their DJ...was AWESOME. He was SUPER interactive with the crowd and did a whole bunch of fun things. At one point, he passed out a bunch of costumes to the groomsmen, and proceeded to lead them in a choreographed version of YMCA, making a horribly predictable wedding song, hilariously fun.
BEST of luck Will and Jen. We are SO blessed to have you in our lives. We love you and will be praying for you and your new life together.
Looks like the wedding went really well and that you had a ton of fun!! Yea for your first night out!! Way to go momma! You looked absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful family! And YES! Chirstmas card photo!!! I am happy all went well with the wedding and with Bella's first official babysitter experience! You are a pro mamma!
ReplyDelete