So.....usually it's Bella that's hitting a bunch of fun milestones, but 2 weeks ago...I hit one of my own. I'm now 30 years old. Holy smokes. That still seems very weird to me. And quite honestly, I've had a bit of a hard time accepting that I am not 2-3 years removed from high school...but 12 years.
When asked what I wanted for my birthday this year, I really had no clue. I found myself pouting...assuming I'd now have to start asking for anti-aging eye creams/lotions and gels, sensible (however unfashionable) shoes and granny panties. I honestly thought "Now that I'm 30, does this mean I can't shop at Forever 21 anymore? Do I have to start shopping at places like Ann Taylor and Talbots? Their clothes don't fit my unique body shape and I can't afford those places anyways!" And then I really panicked...."OH NO. If I do continue to shop at Forever 21, will I be that older woman we all snicker about, who is not
dressing her age?!" GAH!!!! But I was reminded that
age is really just a number and
30 is the new 20 and
you're only as old as you feel. And so on.
To celebrate this monumental occasion, we had a few of my closest friends over. To honor the year I was born, (1981) we all dressed up in the most radical 80's gear and got our party on.And we had a wicked-awesome time.
I love love love my friends. Both the guys and the gals. But to all my ladies....each of you holds a special place in my 30-year old heart. You each bring so much joy, love and depth to my life. I am forever humbled by the goodness of God in allowing me to have such incredible friendships. Thanks for making this night fun.
![]() |
| Delicious cupcakes provided by Allison |
![]() |
| My gals decorated the house. So sweet. |
![]() |
| UH OH. Mike brought Twister! Watch out now... |
![]() |
| SMOKIN'!! |
![]() |
| The 80's Ladies |
![]() |
| Thanks Krissy for my "Granny Panties" They are so sexy. |
![]() |
| WII DANCE-A-THON |
![]() |
| After enough "adult-beverages" even Rick got into it! |
![]() |
| OH YES. So good. |
![]() |
| Excuse the next few photos. My friends and I have a thing for chocolate teeth. Try it sometime. I promise...you may wet your pants. It's that funny. |
![]() |
| I've clearly got my game face on. WINNING!! |
![]() |
| Allison wanted in on the granny-panty action! |
![]() |
| OH BOY. Twister is out! |
No comments:
Post a Comment